The (title) of my death are far exaggerated... I'm still here, just with different, perhaps skewed priorities.
I've been keeping so busy with job#1, house tasks, and projects that I've little time to write or even read. I keep up with Tam, SaysUncle, and Instapundit on a mostly regular basis though...
The bright side? I'm generally well rested, in better health mentally and physically (save for an aggravatingly severe bout with dermatitis brought about by formalin/linseed contaminated dust from sanding on pressboard re: projects), and fiscally... well, having only mondays at the gun shop hurt a little, but I can now and proudly say I have no rolling debts, period. A bit over a grand and a half remain on the truck... that, the mortgage, and the attached equity line are all that remains, and I'm laying plans to pay off the mortgage within a DECADE.
Projects? I have to reach back to july and think about this.... hrmm. What's not been mentioned...
- putting PA system in at the range (no links/photos yet)
- Finding new mad science tools on eBay like that handy-dandy counter and dual current-controlled var volt PS you see nestled next to the old freq gen in the Tek chassis
- Playing around with electrochemistry and building Hull cells like the one pictured in link, which will be used for de-rusting
- Fixing storage issues by adding a couple new shelves in the bathroom closet where once was just empty space. Note: that's the pressboard that fucked up my arms. Long sleeves or frequent cold-washing, folks, when cutting/sanding/mangling manufactured boards that use superfine fibers. Treat it like raw fiberglass.
- Fixing the undersink shelf in the kitchen, a jigsaw puzzle of wood squares...
- Taking my old liquor (ok, china) cabinet and doing a partial refurbishment, adding doors and reinforcing the legs, and installing knobs/handles
- Cleaning the spare microwave in the most detailed sense possible, to go out on loan (and yes, those are microwave parts soaking in the sink. Bzzzzt)
- Organizing my workshop. Seriously, you should have seen the before photos... and this is "during" anyhow, I'm not done since I keep interrupting myself with projects
- various odd little things like the speaker test stand and the miniature oil/naptha lamp that I figured out is real easy to make out of a .40 and 9mm spent cartridge (pop the 9mm's spent primer and drill the flash hole out to fit a wick. Done.)