Monday, September 07, 2009

Rumors

The (title) of my death are far exaggerated... I'm still here, just with different, perhaps skewed priorities.

I've been keeping so busy with job#1, house tasks, and projects that I've little time to write or even read. I keep up with Tam, SaysUncle, and Instapundit on a mostly regular basis though...

The bright side? I'm generally well rested, in better health mentally and physically (save for an aggravatingly severe bout with dermatitis brought about by formalin/linseed contaminated dust from sanding on pressboard re: projects), and fiscally... well, having only mondays at the gun shop hurt a little, but I can now and proudly say I have no rolling debts, period. A bit over a grand and a half remain on the truck... that, the mortgage, and the attached equity line are all that remains, and I'm laying plans to pay off the mortgage within a DECADE.

Projects? I have to reach back to july and think about this.... hrmm. What's not been mentioned...

- putting PA system in at the range (no links/photos yet)

- Finding new mad science tools on eBay like that handy-dandy counter and dual current-controlled var volt PS you see nestled next to the old freq gen in the Tek chassis

- Playing around with electrochemistry and building Hull cells like the one pictured in link, which will be used for de-rusting

- Fixing storage issues by adding a couple new shelves in the bathroom closet where once was just empty space. Note: that's the pressboard that fucked up my arms. Long sleeves or frequent cold-washing, folks, when cutting/sanding/mangling manufactured boards that use superfine fibers. Treat it like raw fiberglass.

- Fixing the undersink shelf in the kitchen, a jigsaw puzzle of wood squares...

- Taking my old liquor (ok, china) cabinet and doing a partial refurbishment, adding doors and reinforcing the legs, and installing knobs/handles

- Cleaning the spare microwave in the most detailed sense possible, to go out on loan (and yes, those are microwave parts soaking in the sink. Bzzzzt)

- Organizing my workshop. Seriously, you should have seen the before photos... and this is "during" anyhow, I'm not done since I keep interrupting myself with projects

- various odd little things like the speaker test stand and the miniature oil/naptha lamp that I figured out is real easy to make out of a .40 and 9mm spent cartridge (pop the 9mm's spent primer and drill the flash hole out to fit a wick. Done.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve - The Firearm Blog said...

Good to hear you are still in the land of the living ;)

11:30 PM  
Blogger Home on the Range said...

Glad you are still with us. . :-)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

Dangit, I missed you at the shop last night.

We'll have to do dinner before I trek back northward.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Dr. StrangeGun said...

Ah! Yes indeed. When are you heading back? Thursday and Friday nights are a wash, I work until 6 now and am usually total zombie afterwards (and would not like a dose of trepanazine)...

Seriously, last night I ended a conversation with a grocery store clerk with the words "Ah, but I'm not standing in a Food City, am I?" because I'd just finished the 5'th try of getting my FC valu-tag thingy to scan... at Kroger.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home