Friday, February 08, 2008

New! EXTREMELY RARE!

It's... a political post! Even though I have nothing to say about the presidential farce, this still falls under the realm of politics and it's rather hot-button, at least for us.

Georgia. Tennessee. Disputed land accompanying Nickajack reservoir.

See, Georgia claims that an 1818 land survey screwed up by placing the border south of the 35'th parallel, and apparently had no problems with that border in the ensuing 189 years. Is there a statute of limitations on border disputes?

Anyways, I wanted to point out one problem with Georgia's logic on this matter, and I may be incorrect on how this was actually handled, but I'm pretty sure the Federal state of Georgia ceased to exist on January 19, 1861.

In my opinion, and until I get proven otherwise, the border accepted on readmission, June 18, 1870 is the final answer and Georgia's legislature can go suck mud.

Now, if they wish to *request* a little juice from Nickajack, I'm sure we'd bend over backwards to help. Try to seize it, and we'll make the Battle of Athens look like a paintball game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home