Friday, September 12, 2008

BIG PROJECT, DONE!

And it's picture intensive.



That's all of it; over a year ago an elderly lady dropped off her late husbands guns and a box of ammo that, even politely, was rank and filthy. Nobody wanted to touch it... but they held it aside, figuring I'd want to pick through it since I like odd stuff. Well, I did... and decided to take the whole box home, where it sat until I got a tumbler to clean it all. And I did. And oh, there are some sweet unusual finds in there.

A great big pile of .45 colt, about half which might headstamp out to 1911-1914 production or so


Damaged, but still cool: .375 H&H Magnum. Those are mid-high level safari hunting cartridges


A .41 Short Single Action. Pretty much dedicated to one pistol that started production in 1874


A big pack of strange; That's .30 Short Rimfire, for Sharps single shot rifles. Cannot physically be any newer than early 1920's.


One lonely .455 Colt, aka .455 Enfield revolver. I'm beginning to think the owner was a veteran.


.41 Swiss Rimfire for the Vetterli rifle, 1870's.


Some extras; two original Garand clips


This is what everything looked like before cleaning. I kept one .45 Colt aside in original condition just to show.


And here's the little ebast that made it all possible; It's happily buzzing away right now cleaning the first batch of .38 special brass.


The total haul:




There are also three of something I can't determine. I first thought they were .32 rimfire, but they're far too small. .300 bullet diameter, ~0.55 case length, 0.94" OAL, 0.356" rim, 0.305 neck and base diameters. Completely copper washed with an elongated diamond headstamp. I don't have a clue, it fits NOTHING in the books or online. Hell, considering everything else they may be an ancient european metric cartridge. All I know is, I'm stoked :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Bunnyman said...

That is awesome.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home