Sunday, February 11, 2007

In the meantime...

Sometimes, things need repair.


Other times, it's just a cosmetic dressing.


But when it's all done...


You get a sense of pride that you've made something greater than the sum of it's parts.


About a year and a half ago I brought that home from the shop... but not like that. It was in a crusty, dented blonde wood stock. The barrel had rusty spots. The action was so filthy that it barely ran. The black paint was almost completely chipped off the alloy reciever.
Not anymore :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Les Jones said...

Marlin 60?

5:12 PM  
Blogger Dr. StrangeGun said...

Yup, Marlin 60.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Les Jones said...

Someone posted this link in a comment on my blog about the Lee-Enfield No. 5 Jungle Carbine I bought last year. You may want to check it out, too.

It's about Khyber Pass Lee-Enfields. I'm going to check mine tonight.

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=26656

4:03 PM  
Blogger theirritablearchitect said...

Excellent job Doc.

I did a "sympathetic" restoration to an inexpensive, inherited shotgun about 15 years ago, and I beem with pride inside everytime I pull it out of the safe, even thought it's monetary value is probably only $100.

2:15 PM  
Blogger BobG said...

Nice job.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home