Friday, April 11, 2008

Things.

Thing 1: A couple of boxes of .416 Barrett found their way to the store the other night. Wicked looking cartridge; of course, I took photos, which I don't have here to post.

Thing 2: I'm now the proud owner of two CD Industries NODAK SPUD AK lowers.

What will I do with such beasts?

Reciever one, which I picked from the case due to it's serial number (451... thank you Mr. Bradbury) will be a standard 7.62x39 AK, with some exceptions; I want to find good looking metal furniture, and it will be coated in various shades of ash grey.

Reciever two, I'll either make a "stock" rifle, or do something completely wierd with it. Various ideas I've pondered; pistol caliber conversions, wildcat cartridges, "bolt action" conversions for use with "whisperized" 7.62 and a suppressor. I ran across a manufacturer supplying cut-and-weld kits for using Suomi drums. I've heard whisperings of using Ppsh43 magazines (and a 7.62x25 lightweight AK would completely kick ass). I do believe that if I block the mag well and use a single stack 5.45 magazine, I could persuade the action to feed something like .32 magnum. 9mm, .357 magnum, .45acp, ".400 Russian", .30 carbine, 6.8SPC... nothing's completely out of the question.

Or it could end up with a WASR-10 parts kit on it, sanded and filled with red shellac and polished bluing. I won't know for a while... I have to sit on these recievers till august when I'm done with my financial wrangling and honestly, I shouldn't have bought these under my own rules. But, it would have been completely stupid of me to pass up the deal I got; I'm not even in these for 2 bills yet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPUD AK lowers

i look at that, and go "a spud gun made to look like an AK? cool, but where do i find potatoes that small?"

on the upside, you're certainly still dealing in strange guns...

6:13 PM  
Blogger Turk Turon said...

An AK in .357 magnum would be very cool!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home